Peace River Wildlife Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit wildlife rehabilitation and education center in Punta Gorda, Florida. Its mission is to rescue and rehabilitate native wildlife and educate the public. GreenSync Inc. helps the Center create calendars that help educate the public about Florida’s native wildlife and the work of the Center.
A PDF of each calendar is available by following the links: 2023 calendar, 2022 calendar, 2021 calendar, 2020 calendar, 2019 calendar and 2018 calendar. Calendars since 2020 feature donated photographs. The 2019 calendar features the work of one volunteer and the 2018 calendar features photographs taken by staff and volunteers.
Once the calendars are delivered by the printer, they are available for a short time for pickup from the PRWC Education Center at 3400 Ponce de Leon Parkway in Punta Gorda, Florida, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Will you please consider donating up to five photographs for possible use in the 2024 calendar? The photos must be received by Aug. 31, 2023.
Important things to remember:
- Because PRWC is creating this calendar, the calendar will only feature photographs of wildlife native to Florida that are treated at the Center. Many of the patients are birds but they also treat lots of others! The calendar includes wildlife observances for squirrels, gopher tortoises, opossums, raccoons, bats, snakes and bears so photos of these animals are appreciated.
- Any photograph of native wildlife taken any time anywhere by anyone may be submitted. The calendar will showcase the diversity of wildlife treated at the Center.
- We anticipate the 2024 calendar will be similar in design to earlier calendars. A large image will be featured above each month and maybe elsewhere. Each of these images will be printed at nearly 12” wide x 9” high. The resolution must be about 300 dpi at that size. Please do not adjust the resolution of your images, as no one will be happy with how they look in the printed calendar. We also ask that images not be altered except for cropping or adjusting the exposure. Several smaller images will placed throughout the calendar. These images are much smaller so the resolution does not have to be as high. (Not sure if your camera settings are correct to save photos for printing? One website that provides guidance on how to setup your digital camera for 300 dpi prints is https://www.picturecorrect.com/digital-cameras-setting-the-image-size/.)
- The photographer of each image will be acknowledged by name. Additional information – not to exceed 40 characters – may be included for the 12 featured photos.
- A draft calendar will be sent by email to each person who donates photos to let you know the photos that were selected and to give you an opportunity to review the calendar and suggest improvements. We appreciate the guidance received from those who submitted photos in the past.
- We anticipate 3,000 calendars will be printed and available for pick up at the Center, probably in November.
How to submit photos:
STEP ONE: Select the five photographs you wish to submit for PRWC’s consideration for their 2024 calendar.
STEP TWO: Rename each file to include your last name, first name and subject. For example, Smith Joe – racoon.
STEP THREE: Complete the short release form below.
Please spread the word to others you think may have an interest in supporting this project. If you have any questions, please email helpPRWC@gmail.com.
Thank you for helping Peace River Wildlife Center create these calendars to educate the public about Florida’s native wildlife and the work of the Center.
If you wish to support the Center or the calendar, please donate directly to the Peace River Wildlife Center.